Thursday, December 25, 2008

The Joy

My beautiful granddaughter Reese and her mom, Lindsay - leaving a note and some candy for Santa and his reindeer - the beauty of childlike wonder and joy! (Reese has wonderful parents in Linds and Niles!)


This is the true beauty of Christmas!

Family, faith, joy and Santa Claus...

Saint Nick of Myra - (check it - Bishop in Turkey, well known as surprise giver of gifts, all year...300AD...the true Saint Nick - I think God has no problem with Santa- giver of gifts.)

What a joy - the Bible says, the greatest joy is to see your children following Christ...and this is that.

Have a wonderful and special Christmas! Let it be about new beginnings...2009 is going to be amazing!

grace/peace
paul

2 comments:

Karl said...

Amen Paul God is our example of the giver of gifts... so even Santa can get in on it... Love the pics... take a look at my blog when you get a sec. faithcity.blogspot.com Blessings bro. Karl

Ryan Puckett said...

Hey Paul - I appreciate your comments on Santa. I don't have children yet, but I've been doing a lot of thinking about the whole Santa thing. I don't have an issue with Santa, but I do have an issue with lying to my child about the fantasy of him coming down the chimney and leaving gifts and all. How have you handled this with your kids/grandkids?

Just looking for some Godly counsel,
Ryan Puckett