Tuesday, March 17, 2009

AWESOME BatonRouge- Healing Place Men's Event EPIC!


Amazing men's event at Healing Place Church in Baton Rouge with dynamic leader and Pastor Dino Rizzo, pastors Mike Haman, Johnny Green, Derrick Smith, Jeff Rentz, Mark Stermer, the legend Marc Cleary, and the gracious Perry Morrow... a spectacular weekend of ministry - hard to even put into words - but, the Louisiana boys know how to throw a party!



Judi and I were so graciously hosted, treated like royalty (of course, my wife is royalty!) and blessed like crazy...

God brought a word to the men that rocked some of their worlds - it was great to see the lights turn on...to see huge decisions being made - tremendous...

the team at HPC was expecting 600 men, which is huge, BUT, it blew out with another 150-200 men extra showing up and packing the place, folding chairs, spanish translation in the balcony - and TONS OF FOOD! Brisket, sausage, chips, nachos with tons of bright yellow cheese - crazy...but, the guys had a blast =

This is how to do church - if you ever can, take a weekend and go to all their services...get it in your heart, in your system - God is doing some new things, innovative and powerful in His kingdom - and this is the leading edge!

came home - straight off plane to monday night men's connect at Hope - awesome - going through Courage book... powerful. then, coffee with one of the elders...great stuff...

heading to Tommy Barnett's church on Thursday for men's event - write to guys you know in that area= it's Sat. morning from 9a-11a...it's gonna be awesome...

love you brother.

paul

2 comments:

broken said...

Pastor Paul,
Just wanted you to know that I really enjoyed hearing you at the HPC Men's conference. You are a "Wild Man" and "Warrior" for Jesus and I love it. I serve in the Pastoral Care Dept. With Bro. Wayne and have been a staff pastor with HPC since 1996. I am sorry I did not get to meet you in person. I am originally from Grand Prairie, TX but moved to Baton Rouge in 1986 and worked with Bro. Wayne and Dino at JSBC. You sir, are a great communicator for Christ.

Terry A said...

Pastor Paul,
I was blessed to hear you speak at HPC Mens conference. My life has completely changed since that weekend. At 47 I finally feel the presence of God in my life. Many of the things you shared were the things that have been weighing me down for along time, its feels great to be free! I'm reading the book Maximizing Manhood and it reinforces everthing you shared that night. I thank God for using you as a vessel to show myself and many others God's love.
God bless, Terry