Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Jim Garlow's personal letter on LR11


Pastor Jim Garlow - great friend and brother just posted this letter to friends across the nation. Jim is a member of the CMN Ministry Board and Pastor of one of the largest Wesleyan Churches in the world in San Diego. He is a man of vast influence and global impact...


"May I be both frank and very personal?

As a busy pastor, I’m involved in many works. I serve as the Chairman of “Renewing American Leadership,” founded by Newt Gingrich, in Washington DC. I have a special needs child. And, I’ve just brought my beautiful bride home from a stay at a Houston medical center due to her ongoing fight with cancer. As the pastor of a wonderful church, I’ve been privileged to oversee building new facilities, which also meant successfully defending ourselves in a massive construction lawsuit involving 52 subcontractors and 80 insurance carriers.

But, I’m dropping everything I’m doing to be part of the Lions Roar Global Men’s Summit in Dallas, November 3-5, 2011. Why? Because discipling men is the surest method we have to impact culture, change families, strengthen churches, and transform our nation.

May I invite you to prioritize being part of this strategic event?

Discipling men is the model our Lord gave us. To disciple men everywhere is the command our Lord gave us. The fastest way to succeed in the pastorate is to be about what our Lord was about, and to do the first thing He told us to do—make disciples of men.

My denomination, the Wesleyan Church, was founded in 1848 with a goal to abolish slavery. Today, as then, we have evils in the world that we simply must fight. We need men who will lock arms to fight for our families and win more men to Christ.

Let’s not be too busy, or think our own lives are too full, to join with like-minded men, encourage each other to reach more men, encourage men to fulfill God’s call on their lives, and together make an impact on this globe.

I intend to bring a presentation at Lions Roar 2011 that God has forged deep within my heart through the battles of ministry and family life that each man faces. I trust it will touch you. I’ll see you there!

Your friend,

Jim Garlow"

No comments: