Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Remembering Mike Bower




Mike Bower - a commissioned man, was laid to rest today in Tacoma, Washington. Mike left thousands of friends, and his lovely wife Barb and daughter Jordan.
We loved Mike Bower. It is a deep sense of profound loss that grips us today, and yet we know the wonderful promise that one day, we will see Mike again.
He was a real man. A friend. A brother. He was a man who lived the truth, that Manhood and Christlikeness are synonymous.
Mike Bower was the man you want your son to grow up to be like.
A man of character, courage and compassion. He loved God, and God really loved Mike.
Mike knew what life was like on the fringes, so he lived to reach men in the margins of life.
An encouraging word, a smile, the hug of a brother, ready to help - that's how I remember Mike.
He was a man like David - a man after God's own heart.
While culture looks for better methods, God looks for better men... and, that was Mike Bower.
For all who may read this, for those who are listening to this note right now, there is one admonition I give to you today - it's your time to step up... Mike left a gap in the line, and it's your turn.
And, if you want to know how to do what's next - there's one powerful instruction I can give you...
BE LIKE MIKE.
I loved that crazy, wonderful man. I miss him. No matter where I was anywhere around the world - I knew Mike was praying for me. And, he was always the first to give to see the work increase.
For the rest of my life I will carry Mike in my heart. Every dusty road, every scattered village or high-rise city we walk into, every little church or brilliant cathedral... every time we travel through Germany, Peru or Indonesia or any one of two hundred nations, he will be with us.
And, in every meeting whether large or small - we will teach the men the truths of God's word.
And, then we will teach them this... BE LIKE MIKE.

pc

No comments: